Hampshire College AAUP Chapter
Re-established in 2018, Hampshire College’s advocacy chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP-HC) champions academic freedom; advances shared governance; and organizes to promote economic security for all academic professionals, in line with the mission of the national organization. In accordance the One Faculty campaign, AAUP-HC organizes with non-administrative faculty across rank and category, including ten-year-track faculty, faculty associates, visiting faculty, and adjunct faculty.
Principles Governing AAUP-HC Advocacy:
- The survival of Hampshire College starts with the survival of the people who make Hampshire what it is: the faculty and staff who work here, and the students who attend.
- The College cannot carry out its core academic mission without its faculty.
- The College’s employment policies and practices must be aligned with its founding principles of social justice and with the college’s academic mission.
- Efforts to restore—or even expand—shared governance must continue even in a challenging financial environment.
Hampshire Faculty Legal Services Fund
Hampshire Faculty Legal Services Fund was established to support the costs of our legal representation and is a fiscally sponsored project of the Alliance for Global Justice, 501c3 nonprofit. Your donation is tax deductible to the extent allowable by law.
To donate by check, make your check payable to Alliance for Global Justice / Hampshire Faculty Legal Support Fund and mail to:
225 E. 26th Street, Suite 1, Tucson, AZ 85713
For the check to be cashed and applied to the Hampshire Faculty Legal Support Fund, it must be made to either
- Alliance for Global Justice / Hampshire Faculty Legal Support Fund, or
- Alliance for Global Justice, with the Hampshire Faculty Legal Support Fund on the memo line.
Contact the Chapter
hampshirecollegeaaup [at] gmail.com